I wanted to let everyone know the reason for my long absence. I had a shoulder problem that ended up with me having to undergo surgery. I am now trying to get it back into productive use and then hopefully back to the bench! Thanks to all for the kind words and thoughts and prayers.
Hope to add something to the blog one day soon!
Friday, September 10, 2010
Friday, September 3, 2010
I am excited about this new project. It will me a joint project with my friend Gordy. I have wanted to do this scene for some time but never had the time or the energy to do both the sculpting and the painting, that is where Gordy comes in. He is such a talented sculptor and we thought it would be fun to do this together. This is the first one of three. He will be holding a long weapon and the others will be a standard bearer and an officer.
Here is the start to the project and I hope to keep this post up to speed during the build.
Posted by Joe at 8:21 AM
Friday, August 13, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
I finished up Billy Bajema's custom. I was able to give it to him and he was very pleased. I did noticed I had omitted an NFL logo on it and then he brought it back to the house for me to correct.
Here are pictures of Billy's custom and of him and I when he came over to pick it up.
Thanks for looking.
Posted by Joe at 6:21 PM
Friday, April 30, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
I am in the process of doing another football custom. This one will be of the St Louis Rams TE Billy Bajema. Here is the start of the helmet. I had to free hand the horns and it was a little bit of a challenge but I think it turned out ok. I know on the next one that there are many different things that I will have to do to try and make it better. Anyways here are some pictures.
Posted by Joe at 8:14 AM
Friday, April 9, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Here is a new figure that I have just finished painting. I was trying to get it finished sooner for Mark but I had several life things happen and I was able to finally wrap it up. It was fun to paint and now that I have finished it up for the box art I will remove it and then place it on a base with more groundwork. I painted it the usual way using all acrylics. I think this was very well done by Anders and it has many possibilities. I may have to get another and see what I can come up with for a conversion.
Thanks for looking,
Posted by Joe at 1:58 PM